Monday, April 27, 2009

Manifesto, part deux

I must've been an idiot to have believed that I could have accomplished so much in so little time. Not only are my writing skills subpar for those accomplishments, but I also do not have the dedication nor the time to do it. Back in February, I believed myself capable of great things; some of these were to include the fact that genres will conform to my own specific set, as well as the several books I was going to complete. Yeah, right. Even if I had finished A book, it would still suck at this moment in time. The grammar part perhaps was not so off-base. I am a grammar freak, and I tried to pay more attention than usual to it this past semester.

The fact that I am not so diligent in my work ethic was shown in greater light. Many times I procrastinated until the last minute possible to turn something in (much like what I am doing now). As for the days I didn't write, I did not punish myself. There are no scratches and bruises from self-inflicted torture for not doing something correctly. Sure, perhaps I got angry with myself, but that certainly did not last long. In fact, if the anger had lasted longer, then perhaps more would have gotten done.

Basically, I know now that brilliant things do not happen overnight. You do not suddenly become a genius. Perhaps one day I may have accomplished a third of what I claimed I could do in three short months, but that is very, very unlikely.

EDIT: Oh, and I haven't a clue waht I want to do for my final project. I was hoping someone would inform me of what I could do later on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment